Who We Are
Established in 1967, Beutel, Goodman & Company Ltd. is a privately-owned, independent Canadian investment manager. We are dedicated to creating long-term wealth for our institutional, private wealth and retail clients by helping them achieve their investment objectives.
Our fundamental bottom-up value investment philosophy is grounded in a highly-disciplined proprietary research process, with a focus on capital preservation, absolute risk reduction and downside protection in declining markets.
We respect our clients, and recognize that investing is about more than numbers. At the core of our business are employees motivated by a desire to earn the confidence and trust of our clients. As an independent firm that is majority owned by employees, our interests are aligned with yours. Your success is ultimately our success.
What Makes Us Different
- Our bottom-up value investment philosophy which is grounded in diligent proprietary research, concentrated high-conviction portfolios, and a highly-disciplined buy/sell process.
- Our avoidance of the permanent loss of capital which permeates all aspects of our thinking.
- Our independence and ownership culture which aligns our interests with those of our clients.
- Our five decades of growth stands as a strong example of stability in an industry that has been characterized by constant change.
- Our high client retention rate and low employee turnover are further indications of the values we uphold.