Beutel Goodman’s 50th Anniversary
The year is 1967
- Canadians celebrate 100 years of confederation with a year-long party
- Expo ’67 is hailed as the most successful World’s Fair
- The Toronto Maple Leafs win their 13th Stanley Cup
- Average new home price is $14,425
1967 wasn’t just the end of Canada’s first century – it was the start of a new era.
And as Canada entered onto the world stage, entrepreneurs Austin Beutel and Ned Goodman joined in. When Beutel Goodman first opened its doors in 1967, the goal was to provide superior investment counselling services through comprehensive in-house securities analysis. Today, the firm’s guiding investment philosophy remains unchanged.
Through active portfolio management and by drawing on the collective strengths and resources of the entire firm, Beutel Goodman provides investment counsel to our institutional, advisor and private (high net worth) client base.
Beutel Goodman and the road ahead
It’s impossible to predict the future but it’s safe to say that the world will continue to see economic and market volatility. Businesses that have existed for decades will disappear as new competitors disrupt the landscape. And we’ll consume information at an increasingly rapid rate.
We will build on the solid foundation of the past 50 years, and continue to:
- Put our clients first
- Adhere to our disciplined process to deliver performance for our clients
- Focus on downside protection to safeguard our client’s money
- Hire the best and brightest minds in the industry