We currently have a 12-month contract position for a Desktop Support Technician
The IT Service Desk is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests. The role of the Desktop Support Technician is to provide first line support to Beutel Goodman (“BG”) employees over the phone, through e-mail, or in person. The ideal candidate for this role will be a service oriented, highly motivated team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
- To assist BG employees with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to an employee as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- To install and configure new IT equipment.
- To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware.
- To resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners.
- To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- Undertaking other reasonable duties if required.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a busy environment with frequent interruptions while prioritizing and resolving user requests.
- Availability for occasional off-hours or weekend tasks.
Reports to Operation Analyst
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission: September 25, 2017